Frequently asked questions
Please read our frequently asked questions and answers which you might find useful if you have any problems with your hanging project.[/col][/row] [row label=”Questions” h_align=”center”][col span=”10″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″ align=”left”][divider width=”100%” margin=”3em” color=”rgb(9, 14, 29)”][row_inner label=”Question Wrapper: 1″ style=”collapse”][col_inner span=”4″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″][featured_box img=”1885″ pos=”left” margin=”0px 0px 30px 0px”]
Hanging systems[/featured_box][/col_inner] [col_inner span=”8″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″ align=”left”][accordion][accordion-item title=”How do I drill holes in order to fasten the clips when mounting the Click Rail to the ceiling?”]
You can mark out the holes by using the Click&Connect feature as a template. The clips are designed such that the screws can be inserted diagonally up to a 10° angle, after which the rail can be mounted to the ceiling. If this angle is too small or if you would like to drill at a straighter angle, we recommend that you use a longer drill or a special drill with a compact head.
Frames suspended from a cord are always tilted slightly forward. You may have seen this in museums, where it is done deliberately in order to prevent glare. How far the frame tilts forward and how this can be avoided depends on a number of factors (see the appendix).
Artiteq profiles are lacquered using a polyester-based powder coating which is generally easy to overpaint. The primer version can be overpainted using commonly available lacquers (latex-based, acrylic-based or alkyd-based). If you intend to overpaint the profiles, you must first prepare the surface. It is sufficient to remove any excess grease (preferably using surgical spirit) and slightly polishing it with fine sandpaper.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Can I reduce the length of the rail?”]
The aluminium profiles can be easily customised by trimming them with a metal saw to reduce their length. It is recommended that you use a miter box to make a straight, rectangular cut.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Can I dismount my picture hanging system and reinstall it in another location?”]
The rail is affixed quite firmly to the clips because it must be fastened safely and securely. The system is essentially designed to be mounted once. If you disassemble all the parts, it is important that you carefully examine each component and replace any damaged parts. After you disassemble the system, you must always replace the clips and plugs with new ones.
The best way to remove the rail from the clips is by loosening the rail from the clip at the bottom (directly on the clip) using a flat screwdriver. You must start on one of the sides and then work from there to the left or right. In order to prevent wall damage (or at least keep it to a minimum), we recommend that you place a steel or aluminium sheet beneath the screwdriver. Depending on the type of wall, you can then prevent the plug from being pulled out of the wall.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”The screws to be used for the Top Rail are larger than the holes in the rail.”]
We recommend that you drive the screws into the rail beforehand. The best way to insert the screws into the holes is by twisting them one-quarter turn until they are tightly secured inside the rail. Since the aluminium is fairly pliable, you can use the screw thread to make a slight incision. You can then easily feed the rail into the ceiling in one easy step.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”At what distance from the ceiling can I mount a wall rail?”]
All rails can be mounted flush against the ceiling with the exception of the Contour Rail which has to be fitted at least 1 cm beneath the ceiling (drill at least 15mm below the ceiling). For the integrated picture hanging systems (Art Strip, Ceiling Strip and Shadowline), this will depend on how the system will be used.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”How is the Art Strip mounted?”]
Nail or screw into the wall (can go through thin and soft aluminium). Corners can be mounted with mitres, but just butted together is easier. Angled frame of a dropped ceiling can be stapled to the wood.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Is the Combi Rail Pro Light system dimmable?”]
A dimming feature is really only required when you are lighting a larger space such as a room – it generally does not play a role in spot lighting. When it comes to spot lighting, it is more common to choose a lamp with the desired level of intensity.
While it is possible to dim LED lights, this requires that you use the correct combination of components, and it also depends on the length of the rail. Philips has stated that its 7W and 8W lamps are dimmable, but this is not the case with the 3.4W lamp. Since Philips regularly changes the specifications for dimming MasterLED lights, we recommend that you check the Philips Lighting website for further information: www.philips.com/masterledlamps.
It is easier to dim the lights if you use halogen bulbs, but you should bear in mind that these bulbs consume five times as much energy as LED bulbs, while the average service life of a halogen bulb is also 20 times shorter than that of an LED bulb.
To summarise: while the Combi Rail Pro Light is dimmable, we recommend that you choose not to dim spot lights but rather choose bulbs with the appropriate level of intensity.
We recommend that you use LED bulbs as this is less expensive because they consume less electricity and have a much longer average service life. In our experience, the MasterLED 7W meets the requirements of most applications.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Which bulbs are suitable for the lighting rail?”]
You can choose either LED or halogen bulbs. We always recommend LED: ultimately these are much more cost-effective, because of:
• longer lifespan
• lighter, therefore cheaper to run
The LED bulbs that we offer with the Combi Rail Pro Light have the following advantages when compared with halogen bulbs:
• light is not emitted from behind
• improved light distribution on the wall (more even)
• no UV radiation
• much less heat radiation
In the majority of cases, the 7W bulb will suffice (the strength of the light is comparable to our previous most popular 35W halogen bulb).
We decided to clearly separate the openings for hanging and electrics from one another (safety, reduced risk of short-circuit).[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Can the hanging wires also be used outdoors?”]
Steel wire can be used outdoors, but because of the strain placed on the wires from other sources (for example, the wind), this can increase the total strain considerably. Our systems are designed for indoor use only. Perlon is not recommended for outdoor use, because of the (more extreme) impact of moisture and UV light. When less of a strain is placed on the wires and when these are replaced regularly, the system could be used outdoors in certain cases, however we advise against this and will not provide any guarantees to this end.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”What is the lifespan of the hanging wires?”]
In principle, steel wires will last forever. Hanging wires made from perlon may age. In normal indoor climates, this process is extremely slow (>20 years). At higher temperatures, higher levels of humidity or increased UV light, we recommend changing the wires every 10 years, as a precaution.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”I have notices that the perlon cord turns upward. How can I straighten it?”]
You may find that the perlon cord curls up after the perlon has been rolled up for an extended period of time. The weight of the frame is usually enough to straighten the wire again. If this does not achieve the desired effect, you may want to try hanging a weight on the wire over an extended period of time. You can accelerate this process by first soaking the wires in warm (not boiling or hot) water for several hours.[/accordion-item][/accordion][/col_inner][/row_inner] [divider width=”100%” margin=”3em” color=”rgb(9, 14, 29)”][row_inner label=”Question Wrapper: 1″ style=”collapse”][col_inner span=”4″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″][featured_box img=”2210″ pos=”left” margin=”0px 0px 30px 0px”]
Shipping[/featured_box][/col_inner] [col_inner span=”8″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″ align=”left”][accordion][accordion-item title=”How long does delivery take?”]
- Standard, Postal and Small Parcel delivery to all UK Zones normally takes 2-3 days.
- For UK special (urgent) requests next day delivery please contact us for a price.
- ‘Days’ means business days, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
We can offer Next Day delivery on request for UK addresses only. The request must be made before 12pm.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Can you deliver pre 9am/10am or on Saturdays?”]
Often we can arrange special delivery at extra cost, but you will need to contact us.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”What time will my goods arrive?”]
- By Post – usually whatever time you receive your post.
- By courier – generally anytime between 9am and 5pm (unless Pre Noon is selected).
- If you have restricted delivery hours please indicate this under Special Delivery Requests at the Checkout. Our delivery partners do their best to comply with reasonable requests but limited opening times can occasionally result in delays receiving your goods.
We delivery to all countries. USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and many other countries.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”What if something wrong with the order?”]
- Upon delivery please inspect the boxes for evident damage in transit and notify the driver before accepting the goods.
- Unpack and check the order within 7 days and let us know if there are any packing errors, shortages or breakages so we can put things right. Simply call us or email. If there is damage we may ask for a photo.
- If the goods are as ordered but not what you expected it is essential that they are not assembled or used. To be returned goods must be in their original packaging which should be intact and should not be written on.
Payment[/featured_box][/col_inner] [col_inner span=”8″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″ align=”left”][accordion][accordion-item title=”What if I need to modify my order?”]
If you need to modify the order after placing it via our website please email to the order confirmation email with the modification that you required. If there is extra payment to be made for the modification we will contact you with payment options.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”What if I need to change my shipping address?”]
If you would like to modify the shipping address please send us the correct shipping address immediately.[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”What payment methods do you offer?”]
We have most secure payment options such as Braintree, Square, Paypal or Bank Transfer for UK customers.[/accordion-item][/accordion][/col_inner][/row_inner] [divider width=”100%” margin=”3em” color=”rgb(9, 14, 29)”][row_inner label=”Question Wrapper: 3″ style=”collapse”][col_inner span=”4″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″][featured_box img=”2208″ pos=”left” margin=”0px 0px 30px 0px”]
Returns[/featured_box][/col_inner] [col_inner span=”8″ span__sm=”12″ span__md=”12″ align=”left”][accordion][accordion-item title=”Returns & Replacements”]
1) For orders under £200 (product cost – not including shipping charge)
• Orders less than £200 are covered by our unconditional 14 day return policy. Simply contact us within 14 days of receipt of your shipment or via email at email@example.com to arrange for return. If the authorised return is over 14 days from the order date, it will be subject to a 25% re-stocking fee.
• Returned product must be in useable condition for a refund to be issued.
• Original (outgoing) shipping charges will not be re-imbursed. Return shipping is typically arranged by the customer (If you do not have a solution for the return, we can arrange a courier collection which is double the original shipping cost).
2) For orders over £200 (product cost – not including shipping charge)
• Orders over £200 can be returned strictly at our discretion. If there is any doubt on the suitability of our products for a particular application we recommend a small (less than £200), risk free initial purchase.
• Any authorized return over £200 will be subject to a 25% re-stocking fee.
• Product must be in usable condition to receive credit.
• Shipping charges are NOT re-imbursed.
• Customers are expected to inspect all packages on delivery and in the event of any damage to the packaging a note MUST be made on the couriers document when the goods are signed for. Any damage should be reported immediately (and no later than 3 working days of receipt of the goods) and all packaging retained until you are advised it can be disposed of.
• Damaged goods should not be discarded until we have been informed and you have received our written instructions. If you are able to take photographs of the damage that is most helpful. If damage is extensive we reserve the right to file claim with the carrier who may retrieve the damaged goods for inspection.
• We will issue a full refund or replace at no charge all damaged product reported within the specified period.
• Defective product is replaced free of charge. However, we reserve the right to inspect defective product before replacing.
Still have a question?
Please contact us for more information.[button text=”Get in touch” link=”/contact/”][/col_inner][/row_inner][/col][/row][/section]